Show your care, be aware!
The AWARE project
cybersecurity AWAREness in VET
Cyber attacks against SMEs are on the rise, as SMEs represent an easy target. As SMEs account for 99.8% of all enterprises in the EU, they are and will continue to employ today’s VET students.
Furthermore, many companies say that young people leaving education are not ready for the workplace. Τhere is a global shortage of professionals which leaves businesses and organisations at risk. Additionally, lack of awareness among general population leaves each of us at risk as well
It is therefore necessary to address these issues
AWARE project aims to develop didactic approaches, methodologies, and curriculum content to develop cybersecurity awareness and competencies, as stated as a priority for the VET sector.
- address digital transformation through digital readiness, resilience and capacity
- raise awareness, empower and equip participating organisations with basic knowledge in the field of cybersecurity
- raise awareness and educate on cybersecurity issues among VET learners and teachers related to the digital transformation of industry and organisations
- raise awareness and educate on cybersecurity issues among VET learners and teachers on individual level, in everyday life
- develop AWARE Knowledge Base, Masterclass and Self-assessment Kit to introduce VET teachers and learners with cybersecurity issues
- demonstrate the need and the potential for VET-business cooperation in order to enhance cybersecurity related competences of VET teachers and learners
- foster permeability of VET by encouraging VET learners to seek educational and career opportunities in the field of cybersecurity
- reach policy makers in order to strengthen the placement of cybersecurity in VET